Mid Market Associate AE - Midwest Region##King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
King Of Prussia
267 Thomas Dr
Loading some great jobs for you...
Responsibility of this role is to generate revenue for Vertex through the sale of Vertex solutions to target accounts in the Under $50m Small Market. Develop strategies and account plans to penetrate target accounts. This will include navigating through an organization to leverage Vertex solutions as an enterprise-wide, global value proposition. This person is responsible for understanding customer business and service requirements in order to develop tailored Vertex solutions. This includes the development of long-term relationships with customers as well as the development of account plans for new relationships. Target accounts include new and existing customers within an assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Drive Opportunities at the strategic and tactical level. Selling the enterprise-wide value proposition associated with Vertex solutions to the highest levels within our customers' organizations. Includes establishing relationships with key customer and partner contacts and selling into complex, multi-department enterprises at the Executive level. Includes developing strategy with Sales Management to manage and maximize accounts' value to Vertex. Achieve annual quota and sales goals through successful selling of Vertex solutions to targeted accounts. Includes targeting specific accounts, developing strategy, gaining a clear understanding of companies' tax and technical environments and selling Vertex solutions that best fit such requirements. * Lead clients through an active sales cycle and assists prospects in executing the Vertex contracts and negotiations with Legal * Identify target accounts and sales activities to maximize pipeline and revenue opportunities through inbound and outbound sales leads. Includes fielding calls, building relationships and networking with channel and other partners, prospecting via phone and email, and setting up opportunities in SFDC * Understands the clients' key business objectives, current state vs. desired state. Proposing Vertex solutions to help client realize goal state of tax automation. * Understand primary business issues of prospective organizations and how individuals and/or departments within the organization are impacted. * Display a knowledge and understanding of Vertex products, services, vendor relationships and interfaces * Coordinate with partner reps to ensure communication and status of leads. * Maintain accurate and current information regarding the status of each client contact and sales opportunity in Vertex's CRM system (SFDC). Enhances job knowledge by staying abreast of customer related news and developments, attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; developing and/or maintaining proficiency in the latest productivity and technical tools. Apply broad knowledge of Vertex's services, products, and marketing techniques to develop opportunities and close sales.
* Not applicable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent communication and organizational skills required. * Knowledge of Vertex products, taxation, hardware and software terminology and/or SFDC knowledge a plus. * Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, negotiating, closing, decision making, presentation, oral and written communications skills. * Strong phone skills, exceptional listening skills and above average problem-solving skills * Experience leveraging social media tools to prospect for new business * Strong ability to work with a team and an ability to learn and adapt quickly * Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to clients * Ability to articulate the Vertex's value proposition clearly and to listen actively to clients to identify and prioritize client needs * Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent education and experience. * 2+ years sales experience required. * Prior experience in sales quota environment preferred * Demonstrated success calling on decision makers at Fortune 1000 companies
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
* Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making. * Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives. * Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex's business and processes to accomplish goals. * Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs. * Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and move freely around the building. Travel may be required.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.