Sr. Federal Account Manager - HHS/CMS (Civilian Health)
Compensation: $75,770.00 - $118,050.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Great sales are the result of strongpurpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product.UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improvingthe life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the VP Global Growth forOptumServe, this position pursues and secures new sales opportunities andmanages current relationships from the industry-leading assets of theOptumServe business and UnitedHealth Group enterprise to meet the requirementsof federal customers in the Department of Health and Human Services.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility totelecommute* from anywhere within the MD / Northern VA / Washington D.C. areas as you take on sometough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Business development activity including prospecting, qualification, value demonstration, and opportunity closure
- Spearheads the sales process by developing leads into qualified opportunities
- Functions within an enterprise sales model and works very closely with the account team (solution sales, consulting, professional services) to pursue new opportunities and manage current business relationships
- This position will also focus on the Health and Human Services HHS / CMS (Civilian Health) sales
- Assume responsibility and accountability for assigned annual sales revenue goals
- Maintain a robust, qualified new business pipeline with HHS / CMS opportunities
- Demonstrate consistent activity disciplines to maximize new business development and assure perpetual pipeline growth
- Display exceptional strategic selling skills including discovery, ROI development and presentation, sales cycle maintenance, tactical planning and closing
- Maximize the strategic plans of accounts within the full breadth of company solutions and services
- Demonstrate value - added solutions using a professional consultative selling approach
- Demonstrate solid leadership qualities and organizational skills in coordinating the sales cycle
- Manage the sales cycle through the use of weekly pipeline and account reviews to include all stakeholders
- Establish, build and maintain positive, professional relationships and interaction at all decision levels
- Maintain a highly credible and professional profile within the industry
- Demonstrate and maintain a deep proficiency and expert knowledge level of all existing and new company capabilities
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events as appropriate
- Communicate issues, concerns and problems in a solution oriented manner
- Provide intelligence to the organization on competitive activity
- Provide management with timely reporting as required and requested
- Clearly demonstrate problem - solving capacity and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Be a positive force and a 'team leader'
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of sales opportunity information
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested inRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of selling Federal Healthcare solutions to HHS / CMS (Civilian Health)
- Experience working with large federal deals and annual sales targets at a minimum between $25MM to 50MM annually
- Demonstrable sales success using a consultative sales approach
- Verifiable successful consultative sales experience calling on C - Suite and senior buyers in the Federal payer market
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around onegiant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when itcomes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-relatedinformation, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefitsfor millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover newways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on wherehealth care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, thatmeans working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges thatmatter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singularopportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will berequired to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug testbefore beginning employment.JobKeywords:
Sr. Federal Account Manager, HHS / CMS, CivilianHealth, Rockville, MD, Falls Church, VA, Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia,District of Columbia, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from home, Work at home,RemoteJob Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...