Technical Sales Representative (Lindenhurst)
ta instruments in Lindenhurst, NY
- Industry: Sales - Sales Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $70,950.00 - 167,320.00 / Year*
OverviewTA Instruments is looking to hire an enthusiastic Technical Sales Engineer to direct sales of our world-class analytical instruments.This person will be based of out of the Albany, NY area and will be required to travel across their assigned region.
Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
- Direct the sales of TA Instruments thermal analysis, rheology, microcalorimetry, and thermophysical systems to R&D labs, QC labs, government and academic laboratories within assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and training.
- Strive to pursue new business prospects and penetrate differenciating accounts.
- Communicate via email, social media, and phone with potential new customers and forward appropriate information to corresponding territory sales representative for follow-up.
- Work closely with TA Sales Representatives, Inside Sales team, and Regional Applications staff to discuss leads and research strategies on a weekly basis.
- Maintain an up to date customer/contact database to support the distribution of marketing materials.
- Attend product related technical shows and other marketing related activities and represent company products and services.
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or other technical field.
- 2+ years experience in capital equipment sales; prior thermal, rheology, microcalorimetry, or thermophysical properties experience highly desirable
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be ultra-responsive to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically including an effective telephone presence and professional email correspondence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to prioritize activities that achieve sales goals, good time and territory management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver s license and credit card.
- Must be able to travel both by ground and air carrier.
- Must be willing to travel 80-90% of the job.
As the world s leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Fortune Global 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at www.tainstruments.com.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: agent, disney, gerber, insurance, life insurance, outbound, telemarketer, telephone, telesales, vacation
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Lindenhurst, NY!