Summary of Job: Full-time position responsible for the hotel's services and facilities to prospective clients and customers in a continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to sales inquiries from potential clients and customers seeking sleeping rooms, meeting space, food and beverage service, etc.
- Initiate new sales, prospects, qualify leads and solicits potential clients, as well as booking repeat business.
- Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts.
- Conduct property site visits and answer questions.
- Determine rates, prepare proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Practice effective revenue/yield management to include wise negotiation and booking function space, focused solicitation during soft occupancy periods.
- Service accounts and work closely with conference services.
- Develop sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue and room night goals.
- Responsible for maintaining lost business report files and tracking tentative and definite business by market segments.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Hospitality Management.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive Hotel sales experience
- Strong analytical skills to monitor and analyze market trends and internal performance trends
- Detail oriented, organized and is able to meet specific deadlines and sales goals
- Has the ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer literacy, plus knowledge of Microsoft Office and Opera products is desired
- Must be willing to work varied shifts, nights, weekends, and public holidays
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the resort as a whole.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
Interested Candidates should submit an application at sixflagsjobs.com
Or text 'Great Escape' to 26232 for more information
Six Flags is a Smoke and Drug Free Equal Opportunity EmployerPark:
The Great Escape Lodge
Associated topics: director of sales, leader, management, manager, manager of sales, regional sales manager, sales manager, shift lead, team lead, team leader