Regional Sales Director
RECARO in Fort Worth, TX
- Industry: Executive Management - Sales/Business Development
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $145,330.00 - 145,330.00 / Year*
A Regional Sales Director is responsible for coordinating the internal and external activities at the facility necessary for the sale of approved seating product lines, growth of market share, customer base and profitability, in accordance with approved profit margins, at the assigned airline accounts.
- Responsible for representing RECARO in a professional manner via: sales calls, product and company presentations, trade shows, conference calls and meetings
- Coordinate with V.P. Sales & Marketing on group and individual Cockpit Goals to be agreed upon for the upcoming fiscal year
- Understands market conditions to determine assigned customer seating needs for both OEM and retrofit programs, product attributes and features, competition, other potential programs in coordination with V.P. Sales & Marketing and Manager-Customer Relations
- Coordinate with V.P. Sales & Marketing and Manager-Customer Relations to provide a Situation Analysis of each assigned customer for the development of a unique sales strategy to position RECARO as the company and product of choice for future offers at each specific airline:
- All strategic activity at the customer will require close coordination with the Manager-Customer Relations for a unified approach internally and with customer
- With the Manager-Customer Relations, create a team approach to insure customer satisfaction and meeting RAU goals and objectives
- With the Manager-Customer Relations, become the customer advocate internally for recommendations to solve problems and resolve conflicts with customer
- Coordinates internally and with Corporate HQ to prepare RFP responses in accordance with defined procedures for internal approvals and preparation of proposals
- Sales Director to be responsible for strategic content of proposals, i.e., Executive Summary that highlights Recaro attributes of proposal to insure meeting customer RFP requirements for firm proposals, budgetary quotes to be approved by V.P. Sales & Marketing on a case-by-case basis
- Maintains an update and status of programs for the scheduled Offer Status and Sales Staff Meetings
- Prospecting and networking to penetrate current or stagnant non-RECARO customers
- Understands new product development and knowledge of competition products and market trends to contribute to sales requirements in the marketplace for all classes of seats
- Must have technical aptitude and understanding of product line specifications, industry regulations, configuration drawings, certification process with a relative understanding of seating materials and manufacturing to effectively communicate engineering issues
- Provide customer support information to RAU Product Support organization on a timely basis
- Maintain proper documentation and supporting negotiations of all pre-award activity to insure the accuracy and completeness of an awarded program; in the event a program is lost, all efforts must be made to obtain a debrief on why lost , or a summary report based on best intelligence to document reasons in consideration of next proposal
- Work closely with model shop and RAU to define sample seat requirements for scheduled customer seat shows and what is anticipated for the upcoming year
- Coordinate with V.P. Sales & Marketing on a Travel and Entertainment budget; prepare expense reports in a timely manner
- Must be able to consistently travel to customer both as planned and unforeseen events with minimum notice
- Other responsibilities as required.
- This position requires a Business or Engineering degree or a combined equivalent
- This position requires at least 5 years of sales experience or equivalent aerospace industry background
- Ability to work with multiple different cultures in a professional and persuasive manner
- Demonstrate strong team and leadership skill sets.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of RAU
- Excellent presentation skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to conceptualize new ideas, strategies, etc.
- The candidate must be results oriented; a self-starter and fast learner with proper training, both formal and on-the-job
- Work within the company organization recognizing reporting authority and responsibilities
- Will be required to integrate information from various sources and provide recommendations
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales executive, sales management, sales manager, supervisor, territory manager
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Fort Worth, TX!