Join our team and show your colors to the world! PPG Architectural Coatings is a respected leader in the paint industry. A business unit of PPG Industries, the world's leading coatings and specialty products company, we manufacture and sell our products through home centers, independent dealers, and through a network of company-owned stores across North America. With over 900 retail centers in North America, we continue to grow. Currently we are seeking a Full-Time Retail Sales Associate to join our team. Within our HD channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors, and home owners. Experienced and entry-level candidates are welcome to apply! Join a leading team today!
Customer service and color / product orientation at the paint department's counter to THD end user. Must be able to order and organize sales collateral in assigned stores to ensure all collateral is in stock and well maintained. Responsible for planning, preparing and maintaining stock inventories of products according to sales demand. Works closely with department heads to decide how products should be displayed to maximize customer interest and sales Complies with PPG safety standards and ensures he/she observes HSE requirements, as per PPG/HSE guidelines. Performs within business principles including Code of Ethics, values and integrity standards.
Requirements of the entry-level role include:
* High School diploma
* 1 to 2 years of retail sales experience
* Broad knowledge of the application and use of paint and sundries
* Ability to work flexible retail hours with varied shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. infrequently and 40 60 pounds routinely
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and internet applications Associated topics: client, client service, customer service associate, retail cashier, sales, sales associate, seller, service associate, shop, venta