Loading some great jobs for you...
If youre passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, lets talk.
Number 57 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
Job Description SummaryCompensation Grade: G Band
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Sales Officer or Sales Director; no direct reports.
1. Develops growing, profitable, independent agencies by assisting with business plans and sales strategies to meet production goals.
2. Provides guidance to agents in identifying actionable steps to increase premium.
3. Responsible for attainment of production, loss ratio, agency appointments, commissions, agency growth goals within assigned territory.
4. Appoints independent agencies; monitors results.
5. Provides instruction and consultation to agents on ways to improve business plans.
6. Terminates agencies as appropriate.
7. Continues to keep up to date regarding new and/or changes to products and rates.
8. Performs analysis of the industry, consumer and competitor information and trends within assigned region; utilizes internal and external sources in order to provide timely, insightful and actionable information to marketing team.
9. May gather, analyze, and disseminate information regarding customers, competitor products, distribution channels, industry, regulatory, technological, demographic and economic environments in order to be responsive to management needs.
10. Provides input to sales leadership regarding products and/or pricing improvements.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
Education: Undergraduate degree in general business, insurance, marketing or related fields preferred.
License/Certification/Designations: Technical designations such as CPCU, CLU or equivalent insurance education desirable.
Experience: Minimum of six years experience in marketing, sales, or underwriting in the insurance industry. Experience in property casualty operations is highly desirable. Experience in the affluent client, insurance and financial services market preferred.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge of sales program implementation, distribution systems, and training concepts involving products, rules, and rating plans. Working knowledge of state laws and regulations required.
Skills/Competencies: Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to distribute information to leadership and to motivate agents. Must be action oriented and drive for results. Ability to set work priorities and to initiate, evaluate and recommend solutions to upper management. Must have project management concepts and PC-based software programs skills.Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager's leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt).
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Frequent travel within assigned region. Most sales managers work from a remote location, such as an office out of their home. A valid drivers license and safe driving record are required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Job Evaluation Activity: Evaluated December 2013 - JDC
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...