Analyst, Sales Commissions
Compensation: $57,660.00 - $102,190.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Sales Commissions Analyst will develop and deliver insights in support of our field sales commissions programs. The Analyst will monitor and analyze all aspects of field commission-based compensation, prepare and communicate program results and recommend modifications in alignment with company goals and objectives.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and analyze all aspects of field commission programs as to gauge the effectiveness of plan designs.
- Measure commission plan performance including variance to budget and correlation between performance results and payments by seller role.
- Perform monthly audit and research and communicate variances, identifying key drivers.
- Prepare monthly package for Executive review and facilitate monthly discussion during Commission Health Check Review. Communicate results of analysis to Senior Sales and Finance Leadership including (but not limited to) performance to quota distribution, commission cost of sales and pay for performance ratios.
- Evaluate reporting needs and develop appropriate metrics to monitor and gauge effectiveness of commission plan design.
- Perform ongoing analysis to validate quota setting process to ensure that it is in alignment with corporate objectives/budget and that it is driving desired results.
- Function as Subject Matter Expert and liaison to Sales Leadership to address commission related questions and inquiries.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business, Finance or the equivalent work experience is required
- 2-5 years of related experience required
- Very strong analytical skills
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience utilizing data mining tools, preferably within a commission or compensation system setting
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills with Excel and Access
- Self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 5% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Loading some great jobs for you...