Macys Stamford Town Center, Stamford, CT: Sales Supervisor
Compensation: $32,030.00 - $50,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy's as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
As a Sales Supervisor, you will support My Macy's and drive sales for a specific selling area in partnership with a Sales Manager. You will be responsible for assisting the Sales Manager by supervising all daily selling activities and leading a selling team in your selling area. Responsibilities include, assisting in the selling process; driving customer service through coaching and monitoring selling behaviors; teaching product knowledge and communicating policies and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned. This position leads to placement as a Sales Manager.
* Drive and exceed sales goals by executing Macy's initiatives.
* Lead the push toward selling through coaching and recognition.
* Review reports, identify deficient areas and partner with Sales Manager to implement action plans.
* Identify best sellers and key items; communicate merchandise needs to optimize the My Macy's process.
* Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate advertising and sales information to Associates.
* Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among staff
* Motivate Associates to solicit our Star Rewards Program by reinforcing the benefits of new accounts.
* Review your personal Selling Area Scorecard monthly for your Associate Turnover, Sales & Star Rewards results.
* Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
* Coach Associates to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors resulting in high customer engagement.
* Review & utilize Associate Scorecards to provide recognition; partner with Sales Manager to develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
* Observe Associates twice daily through formal observations focusing on selling behaviors; ensure Associates are providing an outstanding shopping experience to all customers.
* Coach to Associate Scorecard metrics weekly through daily informal observations defining one focus metric and behaviors to improve an individual metric.
* Ensure optimum sales floor coverage and lead selling initiatives throughout the store as required.
* Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment.
* Partner with Sales Manager to interview and employ selling focused Sales Associates.
* Engage in Macy's recognition program; reward Associates with recognition cards.
* Provide input to performance evaluations; ensuring Associates participate in the development of individual performance improvement plans.
* Make recommendations on Associate promotion, advancement, talent development and termination.
* Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company.
* Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people and turnover reduction.
* Coordinate Associate vacation scheduling and paid time off for Sales Manager's total area of responsibility.
* Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred or comparable work experience.
* 1-2 years experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedural manuals.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.
* Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
* May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
* Demonstrated leadership/supervisory skills.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to empower and develop a team.
* Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
* Ability to execute plans and strategies.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
* Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, leader, management, manager, manager of sales, regional sales manager, sales executive, shift lead, territory manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...