Macys Seasonal Backstage - Sales Team Member, Part Time: Stamford Town Center
: $32,030.00 - $50,220.00 /year *
Loading some great jobs for you...
Every day brings a new opportunity for our Seasonal Associates to shine brighter. You'll work independently and as part of a high-performance retail team to help make memorable shopping experiences for our customers. From interacting with customers to making sure the store is ready for business you'll be a part of the big picture and the daily details. Many of our current executives and staff started as seasonal associates and joined the regular Macy's team after the holiday season! ... More \"
So if you're a self starter with good time management skills and love the holidays, why not put your expertise to work! Join our seasonal team: Apply today!
A Macy's Backstage Seasonal Team Member Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable by performing sales and support tasks including but not limited to cashiering at point of sale and mobile point of sale stations; unloading, unpacking, and proper placement of merchandise; ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner; promotional event and sale sign set-up and removal, and replenishment of the selling floor.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Retail Sales Team Member arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
* Proficiency in cashiering and operation of Point of Sale and Mobile Point of Sale systems
* Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
* Handle all sales and returns courteously and professionally
* Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and offer to put purchase on customer's Macy's charge account
* Reinforce customer's selection and package merchandise with care, invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
* Maintain a positive attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy's commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores
* Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to Point of Sale procedures
* Maintain department recovery standards, including fitting room go backs
* Receive and unload new merchandise from truck, unpack merchandise from vendor boxes, remove merchandise from plastic bags and packaging
* Take photos of new merchandise and upload to Sharepoint
* Place sensors on goods according to standards, hang or fold merchandise and place on racks to be taken to the selling floor
* Assist in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
* Assist customers carrying large purchases to parking and recover shopping carts from parking lot as needed
* Execute set-up and removal of signs for the entire store timely and accurately
* Use RF scanning equipment to determine mark downs and mark correct price on merchandise based on price changes
* Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures; follow shortage programs and procedures
* Maintain store cleanliness standards, including cash wrap, back office and restrooms as needed
* Perform the above noted functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor, and perform other duties as assigned
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
* No specific educational degree is required.
* Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Able to use calculator.
* Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Must have good time management skills.
* This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
* Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
* Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
* Optical abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to function as part of a team and collaborate with team members. Possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
* Possess a thirst for learning.
* Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of Radio Frequency (RF) equipment.
* Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. including Macy's and Bloomingdale's will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Associated topics: b2c, door to door, electronic commerce, residential, residential customer, residential sales, retail, retailer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.