Account Manager - Industrial Sales
Compensation: $59,930.00 - $108,050.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Account Manager to join our team in Hammond, IN. This exciting opportunity offers the ability to develop relationships with key customers and manage the promotion and strategic sales of industrial solutions for an industry leader. Do you have a strong sales background and demonstrated sales success? Do you have professional industrial sales experience? If so, this may be the opportunity for you.
At Kaman Fluid Power, our Account Managers are responsible for managing an assigned sales territory and serve as the primary contact point with customers. They improve our company's profitability by increasing growth in market share and gross margin, achieving productivity improvements, and utilizing the company’s technical expertise and talents.
Kaman Fluid Power, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of motion control products and highly engineered systems and components for precision hydraulic, pneumatic and industrial automation applications. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success. The key to sustaining our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages an assigned sales territory. Develops current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes KFP, product initiatives, and services by making regular sales calls. Handles customer’s on-site problems (applications, design improvements, and product recommendations).
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information of competitive products, customers’ machinery and process. Updates customers on new products. Attends product and selling skills seminars.
- Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Maintains productive relationship with customer service associates through positive team work. Leads by example. Communicates information on new products and processes. Proactively engages customer service team in relationships with customers.
- Works with customers to identify cost savings opportunities and provides documentation of these via the KFP Documented Savings program. Maintains records of Documented Savings for all accounts; proactively seeks these opportunities and meets all obligations.
- Analyzes sales performance. Keeps company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities. Submits reports to management on a timely basis.
- Improves territory performance through increased sales and increased gross margins.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers; ensures proactive engagement and account development activities with all assigned accounts.
- Records account, contacts, and sales activities in CRM.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. HS Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2-4 years of inside/outside sales
- Familiarity with distribution industry and fluid power and industrial automation products
- Fluid Power Certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
- Customer Service Orientation
- Action Oriented
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Insight
- Problem Solving
- Team Oriented
- Computer Proficiency
- Ability to work in unstructured environment
- Technical Application
- Time Management
- Communication (writing, speaking, listening)
Knowledge Essential to the Position:
- Planning Methods/Techniques
- Distribution Industry
- Customer Industry and Market
- Products and Service
- CRM knowledge
- Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group, a division of Kaman Corporation, is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. we recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KFP #KDGJob Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...