Sales Specialist - Government Sales
Compensation: $87,220.00 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Sales Specialist's main responsibility is to generate sales revenues within the Maritime and Trade business line by proactively identifying, qualifying and closing new business. They will be responsible for comprehensive account penetration, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with decision makers within the customers organization.
General Job Duties:
- Sell across the Maritime & Trade portfolio of data assets in order to achieve and exceed new business targets
- Have a clear understanding of the unique value proposition of Maritime & Trade data assets and be able to communicate and represent to clients
- Able to sell solutions rather than products and have the ability to quickly identify and answer customer pain points
- Work with Industry Solutions and Marketing teams to identify new business and white space opportunities
- Prepare and confidently deliver in person presentations to senior audience, including VP and C-level decision makers.
Specific Job Duties:
- Grow a book of business within Maritime & Trade Americas Team by canvassing for new business in specific regions/industry sectors
- Strong focus on new business acquisition includes qualifying or disqualifying opportunities
- Identify revenue drivers and metrics to focus on increasing account volume, profit and penetration
- Understand the solution sales cycle and challenges including competitor tactics, and then leverage the knowledge to refine sales strategies
Prepare proposals, contracts and other documentations including trial agreements and confidentiality agreements as needed
- Give the highest priority to customer satisfaction by maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with all customers including Handling billing, and contractual questions
- Travel regularly within defined territory to ensure sales objectives are exceeded
- Complete CRM discipline is required where all deals need to be updated on regular basis to maintain accurate forecasting and insure visibility across the business line
- Internal communication and reporting, provide ongoing feedback from clients to Sales and Product Management
- Bachelors degree desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum of 5 years working in government sector
- Sales background preferred
- Experience or knowledge in government bids
- Experience in selling data is a plus
- Demonstrated success in closing large and complex sales, involving multiple stakeholders alongside negotiation and relationship building skills.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 ### ####. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Associated topics: addiction, attendant, civil service, client service, community, fundraiser, guest, meter reader, social service, violence
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...