VP Synthetic Biology Marketing
Compensation: $66,000.00 - $117,670.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are seeking an excellent leader to strategically define, organize, and drive Company' synthetic biology business. We are looking for a business leader who will set the business strategy, define the product roadmap, create strategic partnerships that align to strategy, execute to hit product introductions, and drive customer engagement. The ideal candidate will be a fast riser, hungry and driven for excellence, while exhibiting humility and candor in operation. This role is a newly created critical and high-profile role that will report to the Senior Vice President, Marketing.
- Develop and lead the long-term strategy for the synthetic biology program and champion the business case for additional investment.
- Define the platform/product requirements for successful market entry and partner with the R&D organization to deliver within timelines and budget.
- Define and champion the case for new application and platform enhancement investments.
- Create strategic partnerships and deals that support the execution of the business strategy.
- Define, lead and own the product launch and growth plan (The 4 P’s)
- Lead definition and delivery of financial performance commitments, annually and long term.
- Establish and foster partnerships with key developers and suppliers of synthetic biology products and services to further the strategic development and growth of the program.
- Lead cross functional and multi-disciplinary teams, as required, to ensure the long-term development and success of the synthetic biology strategy.
- Analyze the industry, identify market trends, and coordinate these to Company current and future product lines.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the management team to identify, evaluate and select potential customers and strategic partners.
- Work directly with leadership and technical teams for support on commercialization and sales opportunities.
- Stay abreast of the rapid technology development in the synthetic biology industry and contribute to innovative solutions by identifying customer pain points through means such as VoC, client visits, attending industry conferences.
- Build and manage the synthetic biology business, including meeting or exceeding revenue.
- Drive key business development engagements with leaders in synthetic biology industry.
- Manage all aspects of the business including managing product portfolio and overall product life cycle.
- Foster industry adoption of the synthetic biology products via sales and marketing campaigns.
- Work with other BLI leadership and their teams to provide high quality products and evaluate new business opportunities.
- Build relationships and partnerships with Key Opinion Leaders within the synthetic biology research community to drive longer term growth of the business.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings for strategic planning and goals while taking accountability for implementation and significant results.
- Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline, M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred, MBA a plus.
- 15+ years of experience leading commercial strategy in Synthetic Biology, leading commercial strategy.
- 10+ years of people management and business leadership.
- Demonstrated track record of defining and delivering strategy, execution and growth of complex platforms with high capital value.
- Demonstrates a deep knowledge and understanding of the synthetic biology space and the requirements for development and manufacturing of synthetic biology products.
- Demonstrated ability to access and interface with industry and academic leaders around the world.
- Experience with regulated products and therapeutic development processes and requirements
- Exceptional cross-functional communication skills with proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment, adapt to rapidly changing priorities, manage heavy workflow, lead by example, and deliver results.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with members of business and R&D groups and functions at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to drive growth through product innovation.
- Ability to build, manage, and inspire teams.
Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- A disciplined team player and team builder who manages by a set of sound business practices, who adjusts direction with up-to-date information and resources to deliver against objectives.
- “Whatever it takes” attitude to drive successful programs, customer success, team and company success. Consistently displays intense professional will.
- Creative problem solver
- Passionate about alignment of Company business success and customer success
- Highly adaptable to dynamic business environment
- Displays personal humility and self-awareness, takes responsibility for actions.
- learly communicates decisions & rationale
- Recognizes talents, skills and compelling attributes of others
- Highly ethical
- Positive attitude
- Results oriented
Loading some great jobs for you...