Outside Sales Representative (South Boston)
Compensation: $50,220.00 - $128,830.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Core & Main
Core & Main ( ) is one of North America's largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales utilizing knowledge of core customers and Core & Main product line. Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets; responsible for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customer. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Conducts on-site customer visits with new and existing customers. Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Forecasts, prospects, and bids for new business to include customers, markets, and additional service opportunities.
- Maintains existing and builds new customer partnerships. Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships.
- Partners with customers, vendors, Credit, and A/R to quickly resolve customer service issues.
- Identifies customer products needs and coordinates execution of orders.
- May conduct negotiations with suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Point of sales (POS) system or consultative selling/solution selling experience is required.
- Knowledge of customer business needs.
- Knowledge in Core & Main product line and core customers.
Associated topics: agent, business, club, disney, gerber, life insurance, phone, sales representative, telemarketer, vacation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...