Director, Sales Engineering - Public Sector (Hyattsville)
Compensation: $142,650.00 - $142,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available no matter what.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Director of Sales Engineering Public Sector will lead a team responsible for developing and motivating a highly technical team of experts across our United States Public Sector accounts (including Federal & SLED). Working in close partnership with the Sales AVP, the SE Director will play a critical role in developing the Go-To-Market strategy for this extremely important sector of business. This includes finding creative ways to demonstrate the value of Commvault to our customer base in the ever changing world of Information Technology. Your organization will be the centerpiece in developing the technical architecture, alignment of resources, creating and rolling out various sales programs, and defining and driving a successful sales engineering processes to successfully support growth of Commvault s products. You and your team will be responsible for capturing opportunities to differentiate how Commvault s products and services can help our customers achieve their business outcomes. As director you will be leading a team responsible for identifying all technical opportunities to assure a high level of customer experience through all stages of the technical sales cycle, and you should also establish and maintain positive relationships with our customer's technical staff. In addition, you will work closely with our awesome Marketing, Customer Success, Technical Enablement, Products, and Development teams to achieve sales targets.Position Responsibilities Include:
Positions Qualifications Include:
- Participate in account planning and opportunity funnel management; work with regional sales management to help formulate sales strategies and aligning appropriate technical resources.
- Perform discovery while engaging with the customer to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business opportunities that can be addressed with the Commvault suite and our partnerships.
- Lead from the front - Distill discovery into a concise message, outlining the salient technical, business, operational, and financial efficiencies.
- Propose and demonstrate the Commvault suite of products through the use of white board, presentations, etc
- Provide technical leadership to the SLED and FED Teams in the United States
- Hire and mentor Sales Engineers and Leaders along with focusing on technical development, strengthening business case creation skills, solution architecting skills, competitive product knowledge, and pre-sales account management skills
- Oversee the creation and presentation of the business value surrounded by merits to C-level executives
- Develop strong customer relationships, ensuring that technical account management best practices are being followed by the Sales Engineering Organization
- Supervise customer software pilots or proof-of-concepts
- Financial command and control T&E, Staffing, etc.
- Opportunity management and forecast review expertise
- 5-10 years of proven experience in a Technical leadership role
- Domestic US Travel up to 50%
- Proven track record of leading technology sales success in the public sector
- Ability to lead and manage large direct and cross-functional teams
- 5+ years in the software or storage industry; 3+ years experience as a Pre-sales leader of leaders - ideally within the SLED space
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Associated topics: engineer, install, lab, laboratory, medical, microsurgery, physician, sales engineer, spinal, web service
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...