Area Sales (Cypress)
capital group in Cypress, TX
- Industry: Sales - Sales - Securities/Financial Services
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $84,720.00 - 185,900.00 / Year*
Req ID: 32943
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Travel required:a. Up to 25%
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Working in the sales organization at Capital Group, you'll partner with cross-functional teams to deliver on your clients' needs. You'll have exposure to a wide variety of roles, from marketing to investor support, in our many global offices. Come grow with us today.
As an Internal Wholesaler, your goal will be to raise and retain assets through a consultative approach. You'll partner with an External Wholesaler or two to develop and maintain relationships with financial advisors and other intermediaries in order to sell American Funds products.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Develops and executes strategic business and coverage plan
- Consults with the wholesaler to ensure strategic territory coverage including identification and evaluation of targeted advisors.
- Analyzes territory coverage, considering unique needs of the territory, NAD business plan, and uncovers additional opportunities to utilize Capital Group investments and solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to drive NAD business plans and align with advisor objectives through analytics and advisor interactions.
- Provides financial consultation
- Strategically identifies advisors with whom to build relationships and provide consultation on Capital Group products and services that align with the advisors' needs.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of investments and investment concepts (e.g., portfolio construction), and tailors discussion with the advisor using the appropriate tools and resources (e.g., NAD marketing, advisory proposals) to build credibility and effectively position Capital Group investments/solutions in the advisor's line-up.
- Gathers and utilizes data, including economic, industry, and other business-related information; incorporates, as appropriate, in discussions with advisors and coverage of the territory.
- Partners with advisors to help drive business development including retirement plan business.
- Leads territory management
- Develops and maintains existing advisor relationships as well as cultivates and acquires new business relationships within the territory; identifies resources to resolve escalated service issues and ensures relationship with the advisor is maintained.
- May provide outside territory support (e.g., travel, conference attendance, speaking opportunities), as needed.
- Provides back up support for other Internal Wholesalers and the wholesaling team, as necessary.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Business & Technical Skills:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the mutual fund industry, including retirement solutions, separately managed accounts, and other applicable investment products. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the department/business area.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Capital Group products and services. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the department/business area.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of internal systems, tools, and processes, and the ability to apply it to work assignments.
- Drive for Results
- Business Insight
- Communicates Effectively
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Securities Industry Essentials, Series 6, Series 63, and Series 65 registrations or equivalent.
- N/A - Working conditions for this role are consistent with those found in a normal office environment.
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.9 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market:San Antonio
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Business Development, Sales
Associated topics: financial, financial product, financial service, merchant service, merchant service solution, payment management solution, personal banker, risk management, stock broker, treasury
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Cypress, TX!