Sales Representative - Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa (Hartington)
Axalta Coating Systems in Hartington, NE
- Industry: Sales - Sales Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $26,960.00 - 36,130.00 / Year*
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
The Powder Coatings business produces both decorative and functional powder coatings for everything from architectural to general industrial applications. The Sales Representative manages sales activities under his or her direction by performing the following essential duties personally or through the Sales Team to assure maximum potential of his/her market:
- Works with the Regional Sales Manager to set the specific target goals for their areas to achieve, including working with individual territory sales reps to develop plans and specific sales strategies.
- Coordinates sales effort by liaising with the Regional Sales Manager to establish sales territories and goals.
- Travels throughout assigned district to assist territory sales reps to solicit orders and develop effective customer relationships, with an emphasis on improving selling skills and identifying customer and product targets.
- Analyzes sales statistics to establish priorities, manage performance, and assist sales teams in promoting sales.
- Works with the Regional Sales Manager to review marketing and competitive analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and to develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals of the Company.
- Reports major account development, performance status, and problems/concerns to the Regional Sales Manager and sales leadership utilizing electronic sales management tools (R2L) and direct contact as appropriate.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and sales leadership to coordinate interdepartmental synergies.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of district and individual territories to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
- Prepares periodic sales presentations showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Provides input to the Regional Sales Manager to recommend expenditures and appropriations for research and development work.
- Manages product compliance standards.
Incumbent must be able to travel extensively by car or air as needed. Frequent extended work days are required; much of travel and customer entertaining will be outside traditional work hours.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- One to five years of experience in technical application or direct field sales of powder coatings; a combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales plans and opportunities and to lead, coach and motivate individuals to sell
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows.
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, leader, manager of sales, principal, sales manager, shift lead, team lead, team leader, territory manager
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Hartington, NE!