Director of Sales - Health Club
Compensation: $109,480.00 - $187,190.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Ascend Learning; LLC ( ) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,300 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
For over 25 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), a division of Ascend Learning, has been the industry leader in fitness education, certifying thousands of Personal Trainers each year and providing science-based continuing education options for fitness professionals. NASM offers a wide range of educational programs designed to meet the unique learning styles of our students to make them successful and maximize their potential. We're dedicated to helping fitness enthusiasts become fitness professionals and fitness professionals to realize their dreams.
This position is responsible for the sales operations and achievement of revenue goals within the specified sales channel, and is responsible for the execution of the sales strategy. This position ensures the inside sales staff, inclusive of salespeople and management, is aligned with the company's strategic initiatives and has the tools in place to meet its objectives & key performance indicators.
- Identify, create and ensure successful implementation of sales processes that support the key functions of the specified sales channel.
- Work within the department and cross functionally with other departments to ensure alignment and communicate priorities and direction accurately and consistently.
- Implement and integrate new processes, systems, & tools to improve efficiency, productivity & the business customer experience.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure they have the tools necessary to be successful and to remove any road blocks they might be encountering.
- Create a winning culture that is focused on the customer experience, the success of the company and the success of the people in our department.
- Ensure organizational alignment across the B2B sales organization with the company's strategic objectives through effective strategy execution, team structure, workflow management and organizational leadership & management.
Description of Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Coaching managers of people to excel in leadership, effective management and effective communication
- Delegate both long and short term projects to staff
- Evaluate and analyze performance of all personnel and ensure accountability to defined performance measures
- Lead weekly and monthly meetings to ensure alignment, assess progress and share analysis & insights to key trends and indicators
- Hire and recruit the right sales talent to fill the most critical sales and sales management roles within the retail sales team
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of five years of sales experience with a proven track record of success in a fast paced & high performance environment
- Five years of sales management experience in a high performance environment with a proven track record of successful sales management
- Experience in Fitness industry preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high performance and fast paced environment
- Knowledge of NASM's programs, products, services and website preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft CRM and Excel
- Self-motivated, energetic, driven
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Deep understanding of the sales process, sales tool development, and sales enablement
- Ability to work well with others to achieve organizational goals
- Effective and persuasive presentation & communication skills
- Strong leader with excellent problem solving capabilities and solid business acumen
- Occasional travel is required, up to 25% of the time certain times of year
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of NASM's product portfolio
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, director of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales executive, sales leader, sales manager, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...