Territory Manager - Animal Health (Basalt)
Acquisition - MWI in Basalt, CO
- Industry: Sales - Sales Manager
- Type: Full Time
The Territory Manager is responsible for generating sales of products and equipment to both existing veterinarians and new customers within an assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager plans and makes sales calls, and selects products and programs that motivate customers to buy products.
- Call on target, current and prospective customers in order to generate sales, improve market share, and increase income for MWI.
- Utilize the computer as a sales aid and be competent in the use of MWI e-mail, MWI promotions in Outlook, and the MWI Territory Manager website.
- Seek to understand the needs of the veterinarian and clinic and, in turn, select products and services to satisfy those needs.
- Establish appropriate relationships with veterinarians and clinics.
- Review and utilize sales analysis and top supplier reports in pre and post call planning.
- Prepare and maintain a written call cycle consistent with territory changes. Share information with ISR and Regional Manager. Call cycle information includes account number, name, location, and day of the week.
- Stay current on the full line of products and services offered by MWI.
- Demonstrate competency in MWI sales programs, promotions and products.
- Establish account profiles for customers within territory.
- Be responsive to communication from customers, MWI team members, and manufacturer representatives.
- Detail and/or demonstrate new products and promotions for customers.
- Ensure reporting is submitted timely.
- Meet sales goals and budget numbers by territory and manufacturer.
- Act as a resource to the customer in business matters dealing with such issues as inventory management, equipment and products.
- Act as point person for customers on nearly all dealings with the company; work with MWI inside personnel to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Maintain vehicle in a professional manner.
- Work closely with key vendors and Product Specialists.
- Maintain adequate support material and detail aids in automobile.
- Comply with other requests from MWI Regional Managers and leadership.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings as request
- A bachelor s degree and one to three years of outside sales experience, preferably in animal health, are desired.
- Will consider Practice Managers.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills and a proven ability to sell are necessary.
- A valid drivers license and good driving record are mandatory.
- Must live within the Colorado Western Slope territory.
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, leader, management, manager, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales leader, team lead
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Basalt, CO!